internetworkers - Hey, I'm an uninformed idiot, could you help me out?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: drew <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Hey, I'm an uninformed idiot, could you help me out?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:42:41 -0400

Hey all,

I'm still a student, and I'm looking at learning Dreamweaver UltraDev for
building web applications (partly because I'm too damn lazy to learn PHP or
Java) like shopping carts, customer accounts, database stuff, etc.

I haven't had much time to look into it yet, but I've been told that there
might not be much functionality for Mac users (like me) because it uses
proprietary Microsoft stuff (like ASP). But I've also heard it will do the
same with Coldfusion and JSP, and that a Mac design platform is fine if you
are writing to a server with those things.

Can anybody out there tell me for sure what the deal is? Is ultra dev
really limited on a Mac platform (I hope not says the PC hater)? Or can it
do everything just using different server side tech?

D-

  • Hey, I'm an uninformed idiot, could you help me out?, drew, 04/10/2001