internetworkers - Re: Looking for a commercial printer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Margaret Coin <margaret AT coinconsult.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Looking for a commercial printer
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:51:20 -0400

At 12:05 AM -0500 4/10/01, Rani Gill wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a local commerical printer --
someone who does business cards, letterheads, 4-color printing of
various materials -- that they've used and liked.=20

The printer I've used most over the years is Quality Instant Printing in Durham (544-1777). Talk with Lynn (masc.), the owner. Good prices, great quality, not so "instant". $29 for 1000 business cards (those they send out).

If you need color, try Eyebeam in Raleigh - they use a "Heidelberg" digital press - while it's not magazine quality, it's dang close. Costs a fraction of wet-press color.

Joseph C Woodard in Raleigh has done good work at good prices for one of my major non-profit clients. Good b&w and color.

If you need film work, Azalea Graphics in Durham does great work and very helpful.

If you need speed and simple, straightforward printing, and can afford the "rack rates" then the Kinko's on Hwy 55 is very good. The staff are really helpful and friendly (they're all on a 1st name basis with my 1-year-old daughter). (I'm not generally a Kinko's fan, but I found these guys much better than the one on 9th St in Durham. The one in Cary is also OK.)

Every time I do a print job, I end up swearing I'll never do another - and remembering that's what I swore the *last* time ... they're a total pain compared to the web!

My .02.

Cheers,

Margaret
out of lurk mode 2x in 1 night?!?

* Margaret Coin
* President, coinConsult
* Design for Print & the World Wide Web
* 137 Montclair Circle
* Durham, North Carolina 27713-2516 USA
* (919) 423-6221 / fax (919) 544-3239
* E-mail: margaret AT coinconsult.net
* Web site: http://www.coinconsult.net

  • Re: Looking for a commercial printer, Margaret Coin, 04/10/2001