internetworkers - Interlan/Utenzi RIP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Interlan/Utenzi RIP
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:49:15 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:20:49 -0500
From: "Larry Kaplan, CEO" <rgray AT utenzi.com>
Subject: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM UTENZI

Dear Utenzi Customer,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support
and to update you on our acquisition process. As of 9 a.m. today,
Utenzi is in final negotiations with Interpath. A formal letter of
intent has been signed by Interpath to acquire certain assets of Utenzi,
and as part of the due diligence process, representatives of Interpath
will be contacting our customers today. Information on Interpath can be
found at www.interpath.com.

We ask for your full cooperation in this endeavor so that we can protect
your best interests and avoid any disruption of service.

If a formal agreement is accepted, Interpath has agreed to retain the
employees necessary to support our Customers during the transition
period. As a last resort to protect our Customers, Utenzi may file for
bankruptcy protection in accordance with applicable state and federal
laws.

Please know that every decision we make will be with our Customers best
interest as the number one priority. We appreciate your cooperation and
thank you for your patience. If you have any questions regarding this
process, please call your account manager.

Sincerely,

Larry Kaplan
Chief Executive Officer
Utenzi