internetworkers - Re: Interlan/Utenzi RIP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steve Burnett <sburnett AT webslingerz.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Interlan/Utenzi RIP
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:59:16 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Gina Norman wrote:

> Ok. This is really getting me down. I've gotten "All your base"
> references from practially every net.geek I know, but every time I go
> anywhere to try to view the darn thing it crashes my browser. I've
> downloaded the newest Shockwave, restarted my machine and done the
> hokey-pokey and nothing has helped.
>
> (I can't even view the *history* of it! ... Or maybe that's the joke?)

Sure, in a maltese falcon sort of way, it's a macguffin. :)

> Is it really all that funny?

Even if it would have been that funny when it first came through as a
meme wave, by now it won't be, to you, with all the buildup and
expectations. Did that explanation make any sense? Sorry if I'm slightly
incoherent, I didn't even get coffee, let alone meals today.

--
onNow:
Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett AT webslingerz.com