internetworkers - Re: history question: Mosaic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: history question: Mosaic
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:55:26 -0500

Sorry, but 29 is hardly middle age. Being several decades older, I can
tell you that you have a lot to look forward to. Remember there are
folks on the list who may be your parents age. There were geeks around
long before 1970.
I didn't think I would live past thirty so it is quite a surprise to
have friends and colleagues who are so much younger. I attended a going
away party for a fellow who was born the same year I graduated from NC
State. It is getting stranger as time flows.
One thing though. When I talk with my sweetheart's folks who are in
their mid-80s, it is interesting to hear stories of the first time they
looked up and saw an airplane or remembering when they saw their first
telephone. Now folks talk about their first web browser...what's next?
Roger (geezer geek in RTP)