internetworkers - RE: Changes at InternLlan

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "lisa lorenzin" <lisa AT ilan.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Changes at InternLlan
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:09:34 -0500

as mark twain said, rumors of our demise are greatly exaggerated. :)

we're changing our name from interlan because there are just too many of
them. the big issue is a datacenter company out of atlanta which goes by
interland; people keep confusing us with them. (i can't post my opinion
of their services in a public forum without getting sued for libel -
suffice it to say that we want to eliminate the confusion.) and as
saundra posted, another company called interlan - up in virginia - just
got bought by netsol, but that's not us either. we haven't been bought,
sold, merged, folded, spindled, or mutilated...

we did let some people go last week; we had some reorg internally, and
some positions were eliminated. it happens. but it was done to simplify
how we get stuff done, not for any dark and scary deeper reason.

as for financial stuff - we're finalizing our second round of funding
right now, so we can put up more datacenters, but we aren't dependent on
outside money to run. we get a lot of consistent income from our
datacenter and access customers, and that gives us the cushion we need to
ride out little annoyances like the tech market circling the drain lately.

thanks for the compliment on our cary datacenter! we'll be keeping that
location open, and the new site in morrisville is going to be even more
spiff. if you want a tour some time, i'd be happy to take you around, as
long as you don't mind wearing a hard hat...

regards,

lisa

standard disclaimer: i'm a senior security engineer at interlan, but i
don't speak for the company. (larry would smack me if i tried.)