internetworkers - Re: X-Box or Playstation 2????

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steve Burnett <sburnett AT webslingerz.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: X-Box or Playstation 2????
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:47:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 laura AT cnewsgroup.com wrote:

> I have a big question. After the big debut Gates did on the MS X-Box
> (http://www.zdnet.com/special/stories/main/0,11415,2671755,00.html ) I have
> to ask for some opinions. Do I get my son (and husband too of course) the
> Playstation 2 this year for his birthday or do I wait for the mad Christmas
> rush next year for the X-Box.
>
> My son has said many times how he wants the Playstation 2 and I figure that
> the X-Box will be quite pricey, and more than likely the games will too.
>
> So you gamers have an opinion? Yes he plays computer games too.

Let's see: wait for an unshipped Microsoft product, or enjoy flaming
plasma fireballs now?

Buy the Playstation 2 now - it's here, and gamers aren't as a rule into
the whole "delayed gratification" thing. If the X-Box is that much
massively cooler, that's a year from now. Buy them both - together they're
still cheaper than a pony.

regards,
Steve Burnett
Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett AT webslingerz.com
http://www.webslingerz.com/sburnett