internetworkers - Re: community service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: community service
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 12:46:32 -0800

Absolutely, I am in and would love to assist on this.

Saundra

At 03:25 PM 11/6/2000 -0500, you wrote:
Hey,

beyond funny hats...

What would y'all think about a community service
component of Internetworkers? Obviously not a
Lion's club route where a certain number of
hours of service is required, or hard sell
pitches for money. Here are some ideas:

*Sponsorships for "Walk for Hope" type events
*Publicity of charity events through discussion list
*Help with WUNC phones
*Development of web pages for non-profits
*Computer/Internet mentoring
*etc, etc.

What do you think? Would anyone be interested in
pursuing community building beyond our own community?
(Don't worry, expressing interest won't be taken as
signing up for some huge project. Just pinging for
interest)

You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com

Saundra Kae Rubel
http://www.saundrakaerubel.com
saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com