internetworkers - Re: community service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "L D Beavers" <lbeavers AT eudoramail.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: community service
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:05:18 -0800

I haven't been out of lurk mode, but for this I will "out" myself. I would
really like to help in any way I'm needed on this initiative. Web work,
design, mentoring. Perhaps basic computer instruction in conjunction with a
group like El Centro Latino in Carrboro?
--

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:25:39 mdthomas wrote:
>Hey,
>
>beyond funny hats...
>
>What would y'all think about a community service
>component of Internetworkers? Obviously not a
>Lion's club route where a certain number of
>hours of service is required, or hard sell
>pitches for money. Here are some ideas:
>
>*Sponsorships for "Walk for Hope" type events
>*Publicity of charity events through discussion list
>*Help with WUNC phones
>*Development of web pages for non-profits
>*Computer/Internet mentoring
>*etc, etc.
>
>What do you think? Would anyone be interested in
>pursuing community building beyond our own community?
>(Don't worry, expressing interest won't be taken as
>signing up for some huge project. Just pinging for
>interest)
>

>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: lbeavers AT eudoramail.com

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com