internetworkers - toxic PCs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: toxic PCs
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:25:18 -0400

Interesting article at Salon today on how trashing PCs is really bad
for the environment, because of all the toxic crud that goes into them
when manufactured (thanks to Rafe for the link)

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/09/18/toxic_pc/index.html

It's funny, because back in 1994 Gina and I were contracted to spy on
online environmentalists and see if any of them had caught on to the
fact that chip fab plants are horrible and that computers have a lot of
toxic crud in them. :) I don't think we ever really saw a single message
discussing the issue, in the several months we put out the report. Gina?

--
http://a.jaundicedeye.com/weblog/
because it just annoys people when I talk to myself...

  • toxic PCs, Steven Champeon, 09/19/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: toxic PCs, Valli.Heather, 09/19/2000