internetworkers - Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:25:24 -0400

I'd like to see a more direct way of using the money, direct bribes for
frequent voters. I vote in every election. I have since the
McGovern-Nixon campaign. That ought to be worth something to the
candidates. All this money that they are spending rarely affects the
actual 10-15% of the people who actually go to the polls. This should
mean that my vote for them would be worth some green.
What about $100 for the President/VP race? Maybe $50 for a governor or
senator? Probably $1 or $2 for a congressional seat? A nickel or dime
for the local races except for sherriff which should probably be about
$1k?
This seems more like the free enterprise system at work...
Roger (in RTP digesting after a lunch meeting)