internetworkers - Re: "Yes, we are all individuals!"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dave Parker <davidp AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "Yes, we are all individuals!"
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:06:18 -0400

Okay, let's just see how many Bobos we have:

This is an informal poll. Please respond to me, and I will summarize. If
you would, please provide this information:

1) The milieu of the neighborhood you live in, whether a. urban, b.
suburban, c. small town, or d. rural.

2) What involves a typical night out?

3) What, if anything, do you like to watch on TV?

4) What magazines do you subscribe to?

5) What was your high school mascot? (Nothing to do with the above--I
just like to ask that question.)

As for me:

1) Suburban (don't hold that against me, though. I'm *in* the suburbs
but not *of* the suburbs :)

2) Don't go out much, but when we do, it's to dinner--we prefer exotic
foods.

3) Jeopardy, Win Ben Stein's Money, League of Gentlemen (anybody seen
that one? The darkest dark humor I've ever seen)

4) Newsweek, Smithsonian, and (dare I admit it?) Better Homes and
Gardens (but we're looking for a better home decorating magazine)

5) The Braves. The Bountiful Braves.

- Dave
Dave Parker 919.834.2552 x17
Interface Designer davidp AT hesketh.com
hesketh.com/inc.

Join a team where quality and integrity come first
and a passion for the Web is a given, not an oddity.
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://www.hesketh.com/careers/>