internetworkers - what's the skinny?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: what's the skinny?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 23:03:47 -0400

The question has arisen about the possibility of clothing-optional
swimming in Jordan Lake at the picnic this Sunday. (Note the tactful
and obfuscatory use of passive voice.) I don't know why anyone would
ask such a question of *me*, but it certainly is an interesting one.
How about skinny-dipping in the lake?

My humble opinion, which counts no more than that of anyone else
present, is that the authorities would probably frown upon
clothing-optional swimming in the "designated" swimming areas. As for
other-than-designated swimming areas, we still have to consider the fact
that some folks will be bringing their children. So perhaps, when it
comes to clothing-optional swimming, it might be best to preserve both
options. Bring a swimsuit. (And a towel and sunblock for that
matter.)

That being said, if some folks are still hanging out around dusk and
an
out-of-the-way non-designated bathing area is found . . .

TaB