internetworkers - RFC: vegetarian grillables

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RFC: vegetarian grillables
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 21:35:07 -0400

Well, we've got the picnic coming up this Sunday, and, in an effort to
be blatantly, tokenistically, hopelessly, bleeding-heart PC inclusive,
we thought we ought to provide some meatless grillable items for any
vegetarians who decide to attend.

Trouble is, except for the odd tofu dog, we don't have a lot of
experience in the vegetarian grillable department. So I'm soliciting
comment:

What are the best barbecue foods for folks who don't eat meat? What's
the best brand of tofu dog? Are fake hamburgers worthwhile? Won't
veggie-burger mix fall through the grate and onto the coals? Is tempeh
good on the grill?

Your comments would be especially appreciated if you were one of said
vegetarians who are actually going to attend the picnic.

Thanks!!!

TaB