internetworkers - Re: My wife wants to be a DBA?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: My wife wants to be a DBA?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 01:42:24 -0400

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> This might be off topic, and if it is, I apologize.

I have yet to see an off-topic post to this list. Your query seems
quite apropos.

> Where can a DBA-wannabe apprentice? So far, she's had Excel & Access 2K
> training, and is starting on my copy of "SQL : A Self Teaching Guide." But
> she'll need some hands on experience - more than just examples in a book,
> y'know?

I'd be interested in others' comments on this question, too. I've got
a good friend in a similar situation just now.

On a somewhat related topic, are there certification courses in
Alchemy
available locally? I need to upgrade my skills.

TaB