internetworkers - Re: My wife wants to be a DBA?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jeri C. Gloege" <gloege AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: My wife wants to be a DBA?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

SAS is hiring DBAs but they usually want some experience... I would
suggest going with a consulting group that will send you out to make money
for them *and* train you (since it is in their best interest to do
so!! :) and get you certified. Actium comes to mind as an *excellent*
group... they have many, many clients and are known for bringing you in
and asking you where you want to be in one year, three years, etc and
getting you trained.

Kevin, if Renee is interested, have her (or you can) email me offlist and
I will cc you and get you some contacts there. I have worked with Actium
many times over the last three years and cannot think of a better group to
work for... Oh yeah, and the pay there is excellent.. the more you
train, the more they pay and they are great about meeting your needs with
long term or short term assignments.

Jeri