internetworkers - Re: interesting digital divide forum

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Acipa Media Inc." <Info AT acipamedia.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: interesting digital divide forum
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:37:18 -0400

It's two fold my friend. Both parties need to reach out to each other. Currently I don't believe that is happening. I just went through a long process of interviewing people for three multimedia positions that we have open. I was very excited about the diversity that I came across. The top five candidates, based on the creative capability and software application knowledge are a white woman, a white male, a black male an asian male and a black woman.

Although I still experience the 200% performance standards in the awarding of contracts, I tend not to focus on race. One because I am bored of the same old discussions that get no where, and two I truly have to believe that excellence will surpass racial prejudice. If not where else can I turn to achieve my part of the American dream? Government programs? Yeah right. The kind hearted actions of my fellow man? Don't think so. Yes I have plenty of anecdotal evidence where some can't see past the color and will not give our firm consideration no matter what. But I belive they are slowly becoming the minority.

So in short EXCELLENCE MUST DELIVER!

Steve S.