internetworkers - Re: ICANN creates election committees without public input?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Shea Tisdale <shea AT networkarts.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ICANN creates election committees without public input?
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:08:05 -0400

I'm an at large member and I got the same notification you did. The first I
heard about these committees was when it hit the news and then I had to go
to the web site. This isn't an inclusive process. It's a sham to make
people feel like it's inclusive.

Go join. Go to their at-large membership site. http://members.icann.org/

join.
or better yet, don't join.

select members only - there isn't anything special there.
Your only option is to activate your membership.
Do that and you'll be told that your pin number will be mailed to you, that
they haven't been mailed yet, but it might take up to 8 weeks.

Funny, you didn't join yet. Where are they gonna mail it to?

Shea Tisdale

> From: B Holroyd <beeline AT mindspring.com>
> Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:57:51 -0400
> To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Subject: [internetworkers] Re: ICANN creates election committees without
> public input?
>
> So the question becomes: What, if anything, can we, the affected, do about
> it?
>
> Thomas Beckett wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for passing this on, B. Michael Froomkin is one of the best
>> ICANN watchdogs around. ICANN has become a rather nefarioius
>> organization, and it affects all of us. -TaB

>>> --
>>> "B" at home
>>> Snow Pictures Now Showing!
>>>
>>> See the Abridged, Illustrated version:
>>> http://beeline.home.mindspring.com/Snow/index.html
>>> http://beeline.home.mindspring.com/
>>>
>>> ---
>>> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com
>>> $subst('Email.Unsub')
>>
>> ---
>> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: beeline AT mindspring.com
>> $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
> --
> "B" at home
> Snow Pictures Now Showing!
>
> See the Abridged, Illustrated version:
> http://beeline.home.mindspring.com/Snow/index.html
> http://beeline.home.mindspring.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: shea AT networkarts.com
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

  • Re: ICANN creates election committees without public input?, Shea Tisdale, 05/17/2000