internetworkers - Re: ICANN

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ICANN
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:44:25 -0400

"tengu typed, not" wrote:
> Following this message is a message sent by pjones, calling for ICANN
> members, sent 000225. Apparently, they did ask us hoi polloi for input.

Well, Professor Froomkin (who wrote the article which prompted this
thread) is in the hoi polloi class of members, and they sure didn't ask
his opinion. I wonder if they asked Professor Jones for his opinion?

> They should be destroyed, of course.

Indeed. I think it will come down to ICANN screwing up and harming
some company which has the wherewithal to sue the bejeezus out of them
and land the issue in the Supreme Court. IMHO ICANN's authority is an
unconstitutional delegation of government authority and, to the extent
it involves cooperation with the E.U. and other foreign authorities, a
treaty which has not been subject to the advice and consent of the
Senate.

TaB

  • ICANN, tengu typed, not, 05/17/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>