internetworkers - slashdot has some very cool lawyers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: slashdot has some very cool lawyers
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 00:55:12 -0400 (EDT)

I forget if this made it here, or not, but Microsoft asked /. to
remove certain posts related to the documentation of their proprietary
extensions to the open Kerberos protocol, such as those that contained
the documentation itself, instructions for how to disable the clickwrap
protection scheme that presented the reader with an EULA to which they
were required to agree before being able to read the document, etc.

/. responded initially with a "um, suck *what*?" response, courtesy of
Rob "Limo" Miller. Here is the followup, from Andover.net's lawyers:

Sure, it's not as much fun perhaps as reading that Bill Gates wrote an
internal email ordering MS staff to cripple the Palm Pilot on Windows,
but I love it when lawyers can cut through the legalese and get right
to the bitter marrow of the bones of the matter. :)

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>

  • slashdot has some very cool lawyers, Steven Champeon, 05/19/2000