internetworkers - Re: cookout!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joe Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: cookout!
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:50:58 -0400

A Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Crabtree would be most excellent; and
since it's 2 miles from my house, even more so. I'd be willing to assist in
planning and setup (and cleanup). Some initial ideas:

Considering our turnout at various events, and that spouses and children
will likely attend, I'd say the 50 person shelter would be sufficient. Esp.
if we make it an all-afternoon affair (say 1:00-6:00pm). We would prolly
have people coming and going at all times, and never really pack the place
all at once.

If we plan to cook, it would be best if we had 2 or 3 groups of
volunteers, so that nobody gets 'stuck' doing all the work. Mebbie the folks
who volunteer their time get in free?

BTW, if we manage to start holding events on a regular basis, will we
need to set up another list for frequent organizers? Or would inet-plan
serve?

Joe K

(Marinated and Grilled Tofu)

1 pound extra-firm tofu
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp grated, fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced

Drain and rinse tofu thoroughly. In a saucepan, combine all marinade
ingredients and bring to a boil. Add the sliced tofu and cook for 15-20
minutes. Drain and place the tofu on a baking sheet. Grill on a hot barbeque
until well-browned. Serve in sandwiches, with a vegan gravy, or on it's own.