internetworkers - Re: blizzard facts

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B Holroyd <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: blizzard facts
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:06:33 -0500

I've found that if I shout "F'GAWD'S SAKE, DON'T TOUCH THE BREAKS!" it
usually makes me feel better. That and laughing hysterically at the idiots
who seem to think that, if they just get those rear wheels going fast
enough, they'll be able to drive through all this white stuff as though it
were a big puddle.

Re weather etc. -- anyone else finding that their UPS is indeed an
excellent investment?

Steven Champeon wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Thomas A. Beckett wrote:
> > I think that the term applies relative to geography. In Syracuse or
> > Sapporo this storm would be of no consequence, and folks there would
> > convulse in fits of derisive laughter at the paralysis it will cause our
> > humble communities upon the morrow. But here in the land of the
> > Longleaf Pine, this is a blizzard, damn it!
>
> Yeah, Syracuseans would convulse, all right. :) But this transplanted
> Yankee didn't sign up for /this/ kind of stuff in the land of the
> Longleaf, and I want my money back. I moved down here precisely to get
> away from this crud. Feh.
>
> Besides, nobody down here knows how to drive in the snow. It's well
> nigh a suicide mission to go out on the roads, even if you /do/ know
> how to drive. :)
>
> Steve,
> who will gladly chip in $50 towards just one more plow and some sand.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: beeline AT mindspring.com

"B" at home
Think for yourselves and let others
enjoy the privilege to do so, too.
--- Voltaire