internetworkers - Re: What's happening in the Y2K?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David Matusiak" <matusiak AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: What's happening in the Y2K?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:45:28 GMT

"The first Thursday of January, however, is in a week. Do you think that if we made arrangements and an announcement on Wednesday that folks would come? Especially so soon after the holidays?

What do y'all say? Is next Thursday (1/6/00) too soon?"

~~~~~~Wow, now that's some positive thinkin', Tom.

~~~~~~~~~Hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but once the Y2K mob-ruled pandemonium breaks out, there won't be any restaraunts (sp?) for all of us to have a nice, warm "get-together" in.

~~~~~Let's just make it tomorrow night at my bunker (location as yet to be revealed). There we can lay out plans for our own survival and hoarding of resources. I already have over 2 metric tons of Slim Jims stowed away.... (alas, I may have said too much)

disregard communication. all is well.
dave ;)

It's that holiday Dead Zone, Uzi, when nothing of substance gets done.
I'm really glad you're whipping the momentum -- such as it is -- along.

The weight of the last discussion as to the when of the gatherings
seems to be largely in favor of the First Thursday of the month. The
first Thursday of January, however, is in a week. Do you think that if we made arrangements and an announcement on Wednesday that folks would come? Especially so soon after the holidays?

What do y'all say? Is next Thursday (1/6/00) too soon?

Tom