internetworkers - Re: marijuana?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John M. Stonham" <jmstonham AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: marijuana?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:33:47 -0500

> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, John M. Stonham wrote:
> > As a California native, I must warn you that feeding the seals carries a
> > maximum prison sentence of ten years, along with a $500,000 fine.
> >
> > Luckily for you, joking about feeding the seals carries a somewhat
lesser
> > punishment...
>
> What if they feed dope to the seals?

Feeding dope to the seals is the responsibility of the State of California.
The state does this in order to keep the little bastards mellow for the
tourists. (Seals may look cute, but the reality is they are swift, deadly
killers. The pot really takes their edge off...)

> How about if you're caught feeding seals to dope dealers?

The only people who are legally allowed to possess seal meat in California
are the "peoples indigenous to California" (meaning, no one, since we
successfully killed them all) and owners of Japanese restaurants (you ever
hear of "California roll?" Well...).

JMS