internetworkers - marijuana?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: marijuana?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:39:07 -0500

Am I the only one befuddled by David Ranii's article about Michael
Brader-Araje's ancient marijuana bust in the N&O yesterday?

http://www.news-observer.com/daily/1999/12/16/biz03.html

I mean, Brader-Araje was already a textbook case of the Founder being
shown the door by the Venture Money. Everyone's seen it before; no big
deal. And he already has a nice sinecure as "entrepreneur-in-residence"
for the Noro-Moseley funds in Atlanta, as soft a landing as one could
want. http://www.news-observer.com/daily/1999/11/05/biz09.html

Why now this prominent public shaming and contrition for a very petty
legal problem in the distant past? It makes no sense.

Tom Beckett