internetworkers - RE: Web site?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Web site?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:13:06 -0500 (EST)

we'd be glad to act as host to such an effort. we already host the Linux
Documentation Project and several other open source community efforts...

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Thomas Beckett wrote:

> I like Michael's idea a lot.
> -Tom
>
> Michael Tucker wrote:
> >
> > Here's an idea-
> >
> > Since many inetworkers 'build the web' whether professionally or
> > personally,
> > perhaps this project should become an open source style endeavor with
> > contributors from as many different people as want to contribute. The
> > resulting site would be vendor neutral.. much like the actual group
> > itself.
> > I don't know how such a thing would be organized, but it is a thought....
> >
> > Comments? Ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Michael R. Tucker
> > hesketh.com/inc.
> > http://www.hesketh.com
> > mtucker AT hesketh.com
> > vox: 919.854.1570
> > fax: 919.854.1579
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: thomas AT tbeckett.com

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: pjones AT metalab.unc.edu

Paul Jones
"We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
pjones AT MetaLab.unc.edu voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071