homestead - [Homestead] EFAs cannot be identified by their omega chain (say no to fraud)

  • From: "WILLIAM JONES" <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] EFAs cannot be identified by their omega chain (say no to fraud)
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:34:22 GMT

There's nothing that fancy here, no genetically-modified safflower. The
label merely states "total omega 6" whichincludes both GLA and linoleic acid.
Better brands tally these separately without confusion. BTW the brand name
isNature Made Triple Omega. It's a total fraud if your goal is to obtain
GLA. I'd also mention it's impossible to tellhow much fish oil there is, or
the amount of IPA and DHA present. That's because they're all lumped
together as "omega3" fatty acids along with linolenic acid. It's exactly the
fraud I once predicted. I love the hempseed oil thing, but I would still want
to take fish oil, since fish is too expensive to eat, and I'venever eaten
brains, the only other source that I know of. I've been trying to find data
on evening primrose seed, which is abundantly produced from a beautiful
native plant.I'm just not sure how much GLA it has, and the commercial crap
online has ruined web surfing for me. Lynda wrote:>There is GLA safflower
which is not the generic safflower and does