homestead - Re: [Homestead] Deer fencing

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Deer fencing
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:38:47 -0500

It's going to be a challenge here in my new place. They've been in the
front yard all winter eating acorns that I didn't get raked up for the
pigs. A good dog is one thought.

I have a neighbor that has put up that "crime scene" tape, maybe
survey tape would do. He's got 3 strands from post to post. I'm
thinking to do something similar and do a double fence since deer
reportedly don't like to make the jump between the fences to get over
the second one.

Little surprises have help me in the past. Plastic bags that blow and
rustle in a breeze. Electric fence.

Rob - Va