homestead - Re: [Homestead] New garden

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] New garden
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 06:29:45 -0400

I'm starting next year's garden here at my new place soon. I'm going
to plow up the area and plant to a summer cover crop. Then in fall
I'll plant to a winter cover.

I've used cardboard as a mulch for a couple of years in the garden. As
long as you can hold them down, they do s great job of keeping down
the weeds.

Rob - Va