homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ozark place

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ozark place
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:58:11 -0700

We bought this place just as there was a real spike in prices. If we'd waited 6 months to sell our old place we'd have gotten another $100,000. But, then we'd have paid another $100,000 for this place. We made an offer on this place and with all the inspections etc. it was about 6 months before we got in. Within 4 weeks the realtor was trying to get us to withdraw. She had other offers on the place at MUCH more than we had a signed contract on. And by the time we actually got moved in the value was double what we paid for it. Right now it is worth even more.

We haven't even talked to a realtor yet and we've already had a couple of inquiries.

We're technically, as the crow flies, 34 miles from I-5 and 100 miles from 101.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

There have been cases where 'they' foreclosed on places they did not
have the title to...
Just confused? Greed? Or maybe they realize you only get as much
'justice' as you can afford and they already have lawyers on the payroll?
I wish your in-laws the best of luck!

In an earlier post you mentioned steady land prices, up here the
farther you get from the I-5 corridor the lower the prices. The
$7k-$10k asking prices I mentioned are 10 to 15 miles from Hwy 101
and then another 25 miles from the I-5 corridor.