homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's ours - starting over & the tools to do it

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's ours - starting over & the tools to do it
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:34:58 -0700

Rob wrote:
I realize Don that you probably already have what tools you 'need'
but I suspect there are others out looking this spring for places and this tool (and others I can't think of right now) might come in handy for them.
Need or want. My name is Don and I am a tool junkie. Psst... want to see the latest Li battery powered impact wrench, just a peek, a little tool catalog look will not hurt?

Yes I do have a 300' tape like that. I used to layout an area last year. The trouble is that it will not be going with me on this inspection trip so I have made arrangements to borrow a shorter version, Mine's bigger than yourn!

There are a few tools I want for the inspection. I have made arrangements to borrow what I need but I am also mailing a small box of tools so I do not have to explain to some pin headed TSA agent that the strange looking thing is a sparkplug thread insert tool.

The advantage (or disadvantage depending on how you look at it) is that this place needs no work to be ready to live in. No need to buy new tools for a big project. I have several projects laid out, the barn needs windows and insulation to be made into a shop and the back deck looks like it needs some work. I have all the necessary tools to do that.

In fact I am now trying to get rid of some duplicate and older tools. This last weekend I got rid of two of my 20 tool boxes. I am giving my son some tools, a floor standing drill press is going to him so I can buy a new one. He may get the extra grinder but I may keep it for a grinder in the garage. He is getting the extra miter saw and a friend is buying the extra planer. I have two joiners that will go in the garage sale or in Craig's list. Today I am headed for storage to start bringing all that stuff up here.

--
Don Bowen KI6DIU