homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rain

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rain
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:43:51 +0000

Bev,

I think the Ice Age theory makes a lot more sense than the Global Warming
Crisis.

I'm tired and my mind refuses to think much right now, though. All weekend I
made a cabinet for my kitchen. It was the first time I've ever 'constructed'
anything that required so much measuring and cutting, and I was surprised to
find that I rather like them in the end, lol. I posted pictures on my blog.
Very low-tech! These were more than an ordinary challenge because the floor
in the kitchen is unlevel. There's a drop of about 3" from the stove end to
the sink end of the room, so the dilemma was to make the cabinets in such a
way that it wasn't so obviously not square. The floor line follows the floor.
The counter top is level. Everything in between had to compensate for the
difference. The rest are going to be on a different plane, not cutting across
the unlevel plane, so it won't be as hard. I hope.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)