homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rain

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rain
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:11:37 -0400

In the last few days or so, we have had more than 9 inches of rain. My creek is not running yet, so something is amiss. It is weird to get this much rain without it being a tropical system. Of course, it is a strange year-coolest summer that I can remember. It really does give the Ice Age Now guy some ammo. He said that we would start seeing super hot summers alternate with really cool ones, as the Earth struggles to regulate heat. Then precipitation will increase, and the glaciers would begin to grow in some areas. Interesting stuff..

Robert Walton wrote:
I saw a post from you Bev, so guess you are okay in spite of the rain. Was
thinking about you, looked like the Atlanta area is getting hit from what I
saw on the news.
Rob - Va

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA