homestead - Re: [Homestead] Illegals

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Illegals
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:06:25 -0400

Robert Walton wrote:

There are probably business related things that the United States can do to
help it's neighbors. Economic things that would help create jobs, but those
things ultimately will benefit the rich.

We can't create jobs in our own country! <g>
And things always seem to benefit the rich.

We are not going to change the world.

Darn. Part of me still dreams that we can.

There are two sorts of illegal immigrants. Those that want to come here to
live and raise families and become Americans and those that want to come
here to work until they get enough money to do what they want at home (a
business, a home, land, money to live on).

You separate out those people while they are in their home country. The
workers need to show that they have skills and jobs when they get here. You
create a VISA for them with a closed end.

The people that want to become Americans, need to show that they have the
ability to work, maybe family to sponsor them financially, some
understanding of the English language and American customs. You give them a
VISA that lets them emigrate and can lead to citizenship. If they don't
become productive citizens in a certain time, you send them home.

You establish dynamic quotas, depending on the job market here and on the
numbers that this country can absorb. I have some people there that I'd
sponsor immediately. I'd be financially responsible for them until they have
time to get on their feet.

I like all of the above.

We live in a country of people that think that they are underprivlged if
they don't have a dish washer and TV in every room. Funny that a lot of
these people's great-grandparents were immigrants who were not very welcome
here when they came over.

I think of that quite often.

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA