homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stray animals

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stray animals
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 16:18:00 -0400

Here, it costs $25 to take an animal to animal control, and there is an additional euthanasia cost. Here, they won't even come out for feral cats. Bullets are cheap and the county's policy encourages such.

Leslie wrote:
That used to happen where I used to live all the time.

"They" have passed laws that makes it illegal for a private property owner to
euthenize those unwanted pets that get tossed on the streets.

My solution? I just captured them in the barn in a stall, and called the
government animal control, when then uthenized them, of course at the
taxpaying public's expense...........

Of course it would be much more cost effective to do the former rather than
the later.... but then that just makes to much cents.

From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
I hate when people choose my road to drop off their unwanted pets.