homestead - [Homestead] More Stimulus?

  • From: "JPitts" <thepitts AT localnet.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] More Stimulus?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:45:11 -0500

so much for change.....regarding Garage sales and Church Bazaar's, take note
that they say this is a Federal Law.

Jerry

excerpted from the Daily Marketbeat:

And just when you think things couldn't get worse.

According to Kansas City.com,

"If you're planning a garage sale or organizing a church bazaar, you'd best
beware: You could be breaking a new federal law. As part of a campaign called
Resale Roundup, the federal government is cracking down on the secondhand
sales of dangerous and defective products."

Officials will argue that it's for the kids, all about safety. but we have a
strange suspicion that. with record deficits - local, state and federal
governments need cash and simply want to collect tax money whenever and
wherever they can.

But it gets worse. if they can't tax it; they'll shut it down.

In California, Eight-year-old Daniela Ernest wanted to raise money for a trip
to Disneyland (how dare she) so a big bad local city code enforcement officer
made her shut it down for not having the proper permits.

You've all heard of this story and it doesn't get much more American than a
little kid selling lemonade - cant' teach that in business class, that's an
innate desire to be a capitalist and make money, not get handouts from her
parents. We say good for that girl. and shame on California!