homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cops are Afraid

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cops are Afraid
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:45:17 -0800

Boy, if I didn't know better, I'd say he'd been sampling our prime crop up here. Maybe laced with a little some that goes by initials.

My cousin was Chief of Police in the city I used to live in. I asked him about this and he said that it all depends on the part of the country. I don't see the whole gun obsession and paranoia here nor down on the coast.

Now, some of his "facts" are pure imagination. My best friend and I were approached by a "survivalist" to join his "group" and that was when the survivalist/militia movement was really ramped up. They were quite in back then. In fact, the early 80s were considered the peak of the survivalist movement. The whole Y2K thing gave it a shot in the butt and it amped up again. All of which had nothing to do with Clinton. Terrah and I were asked back in 1981!

Now, the guy who asked us wasn't a cop, street or SWAT. He was a Green Beret (Special Forces) and one of the head guys in the DEA for the north coast. So, the paranoia, fear of the government and building compounds goes wwwwaaaayyyyyy back!

What's new is the obsession with assault rifles. Why in the world anyone feels they need an assault rifle *except* as one of those you know what extensions to build up their egos is beyond me!

Now, IF the fear on the streets is palpable, then I'd suggest everyone stay out of Ohio cause it sure isn't elsewhere and people loaded with fear are dangerous!

ITSHTF, then I'm where I need to be. A small community that is just about self sufficient, where no one is running around buying assault rifles and that we all call "you can't get here from there" cause you can't. If the government falls apart, oh well. We're too far for the maddening hordes to find us and we have nothing the feds want.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

Just received this from a neighborhood police officer down the road.......................

Bev, you wanted something for discussion, this one should get your attention.

This is the mindset that is changing in the US, something our government is ignoring or minimizing.

Had a talk with a street preacher yesterday, which I'll save for another post.