homestead - Re: [Homestead] cash for clunkers anyone?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] cash for clunkers anyone?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:59:56 -0400

According to this site: http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/08/cars-gov-terms-service
that screen only appears for registered dealers, not the general public. Still, if I was a dealer, I'd do a complete clean-up and get rid of any malware/cookies after dealing with that site. They are the last people I'd want tracking me.

The thing I didn't like about the Cash for Clunkers program is that it benefited foreign car manufacturerers more than US-owned manufacturers. Apparently there were some political trade agreement reasons they couldn't put a "US only" clause in the program...that's a shame (and stupid).

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>