homestead - Re: [Homestead] Technology, was Tractors was: A homestead plan

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Technology, was Tractors was: A homestead plan
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:24:00 +0000

----------------------------
In my current kitchen, there is room for two to work, but more than two
is a crowd at the counter. Even though my house has an open design, it
just doesn't feel like quality time with the family. In my dream house,
I would have a kitchen so large that the entire family or neighborhood
would have workspace and could hang out in the kitchen, form an assembly
line for washing or canning or whatever...now that is quality time.

Bev
-------------------------------
That was my thought exactly when we were planning out this house. I wanted a
long, unbroken counter space so that I could work on projects laid out in
assembly line fashion. But I had to actually fight for that change to be made
on the plans - my hubbie didn't understand my need for it and he'd put
something else on that counter that broke up the continuity. Well, I got my
way on that point.

The kitchen is large and that's how I wanted it, too. All the other rooms in
the house can be tiny, but I wanted a roomy kitchen. I wish the utility room
was large, too. Those are the two rooms where I spend most of my time when
I'm inside, where all the 'work' takes place.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)