homestead - Re: [Homestead] A homestead plan

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A homestead plan
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:49:55 -0700

Hi Roxann,
My experience was a little different from this writers but a lot was the same. I'd agree with most of what he said, the people part for sure & I have to agree that having a tractor is a fine idea.

I would NOT rule out a place that already had a septic system or old house on it.
I would NOT go with an old-used mobile home (did that and learned the lesson).

I WOULD put up a pole barn and turn part of that into living quarters and part into shop (if the place did not come with a living space). A shop is very important.

The other thing to keep in mind is that everything is going to cost more and take longer than you budgeted for. Everything.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Western WA