homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pillows

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pillows
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:08:36 -0800

Then cheat and use velcro <g>

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

Lynda wrote:
Ah geez, I am NOT good at describing things but here goes.

To make a dual use pillion, use a right-angled triangle as the basis for
your pattern with the tall part of the "L" being the length from the back of
your knee to your panty line. The base of the "L" being the length from the
back of your knee to mid-calf, then when you sit the pillow so that is is
sitting on the base of the "L" you have a back support for sitting in bed.
When you "tip it over" it will be a perfect fit for using to support your
bent knees.

If I make something for myself, it will definitely be dual use-thanks
for the 'fitting' tips.

I would make a ticking "pillow" and then make a zip cover to match whatever.
The width of the pillow would be determined by the size zipper I could find.

Am I clear as mud as usual?

I think I got it.
I haven't put a zipper in anything in 25 years. I will have to dig out
the zipper foot and reread the directions<g>. CRS strikes again.

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed
somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA