homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:18:35 -0400

Thanks, Leslie. Funny, just another thing we have in common.

Leslie wrote:
On schizophrenia, my brother has that. It is a permanently disabled
type of diagnosis. After an involuntarily commitment (initiated by
police), on release, the social workers informed me that he would
qualify for SSD. My mom just filled out some forms, and I believe
there is a verification process.

He has rarely worked in his life (just on/off from 18-20) as he is
truly unable to hold a job, even back then when the disease wasn't as
bad as now. There is a form that a guardian fills out that the SSA
sends out, to continue confirming that he is Perm. Disabled.

--
Duct tape is like The Force: There's a Light Side, a Dark Side, and, of
course, it holds the universe together.