homestead - Re: [Homestead] An ideal homestead dog

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An ideal homestead dog
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:57:24 -0400

Gene, I also have two Aussies--Bear and Bingo are both black and tans-Bingo is really tricolor, no merling---but I remember Benny and I am sorry to hear of his passing. Aussies do have a way of wedging themselves into your heart. It is never easy to lose a family member.

Bev

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
AN IDEAL HOMESTEAD DOG:

Our dogs are Australian Shepherds, as have been all our farmsted dogs that have gone on to be with their ancestors.

I'm not a dog person, so I can perhaps be a bit objective when I say that they are ideal homestead dogs. One is a red merle with one blue and one brown eye, she's big for her breed and an instinctive herder.

James