homestead - [Homestead] Just a heads up..

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Just a heads up..
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 01:10:38 -0400

I'm probably going to be leaving the list soon so those of you who can't
get a word in edgewise will finally get your shot at it.<g> The list's
political balance will be off, so I hope some conservative lurker will
step up to the plate. <g> I tried to bait you guys into an argument
with my political posts--it is always easier to say goodbye when I'm
angry---but you guys are just too smart and sophisticated for that from
me! :) I ended up with a beautifully written post by Rob that I'm
keeping because he states exactly what I really think, but can never
accurately express.

Anyway, I received a job proposal somewhat of out of the blue (I wasn't
actively looking for a job, but interviewed with this company last
summer and they remembered me) and I'll probably take it if the money is
right. I don't technically have a formal offer yet, but I met the
company owner in a second interview on site a few days ago and things
look very promising. It is kind of bittersweet in that I will miss
gardening and homesteading, but we do need the money-the mortgage is a
dark cloud overhead.

It is a 25 mile/40 minute commute from here, but it is a stable,
growing, reputable, and GREEN adhesives company and I'd be a fool to
turn them down. In that industry, green practices and green product
development are almost non-existent, and to find a solvent company that
cares about the planet enough to do both is rare. Additionally, the
prospective employer is a subsidiary of Textile Rubber and Chemical.
http://www.trcc.com/home.shtml
If the job pans out, it is unlikely that I will have time to garden or
do other homestead activities. I don't even know what I will do about
my puppy. I still have a lot of unfinished business and projects here
at the house, too. It is with almost certainty that I will not have
time for the list. I love you guys, but my social life-and that is
where you guys fit in-will be non-existent. I'm not leaving yet, but
things could develop quickly and if you don't hear from me, you will
know that I simply have my nose to the grindstone in a lab up in Dalton. :)
I may be jumping the gun on saying goodbye since I don't have the offer
in hand, but I won't be embarrassed or sad if I don't get the job. It
is all just crazy right now. I could start to work as soon as Monday, or it could not materialize at all.

Bev
--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/