homestead - [Homestead] Stimulus, was Healthcare Bill

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Stimulus, was Healthcare Bill
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:18:19 -0800

This is very similar to his talking out both sides of his sitting down end about the Stimulus and part of it up in pretty paper and calling it "The Making Homes Affordable" program "to further prevent foreclosures and assist borrowers with mortgage loan modifications."

Bet no one read the fine print on that one either. The thing reads that if the bank will make more money on a foreclosure, then no loan modification money is available.

That program is NOT about helping the homeowner but rather more about banks making money.

Sheesh! I think it should be required that not only lawmakers read the blooming bills but that voters do too!

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy" <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>

Yes,Lynda, I'm trying to read the thing--groan. One of the parts I like
is Sec 102 Protecting the Choice to Keep Current Coverage where it lists
this as one of the conditions: "the issuer does not change any of its terms
or conditions, including benefits and cost-sharing, from those in effect as
of the day before the first day of Y1"
Also, Part 313 Employer "Contributions" in Lieu of Coverage (8 percent of
wages tax) .
Another is part 59B: Tax on individuals without acceptable health care
coverage (2.5 percent of income).
HonesItly, I had no idea what Obama meant when he spoke of funding part of
this program through "savings." I just realized today that he means to
reduce Medicare expenditures by reducing coverage on classes of individuals,
specific procedures, and/or dr payments. Duh, I dont know why I didn't
figure it out before.

Support it or oppose it--whatever. Just be aware of what it really says,
not the ad copy.

Cathy