homestead - [Homestead] Volunteers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Volunteers
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:47:38 -0800

Well, we have volunteer plants all over the place. I just let them grow. *Usually* we get some nice tomatoes, potatoes and other goodies from the chickens "helping" out the compost pile.

HOWEVER, this year we have franken squash. The plants *look* like zucchini plants but, and that's a great BIG but, the fruit is definately "franken!" It is kinda colored like zuc's and striped like zuc's but that is where the resemblance ends! I'm thinking a pumpkin cross? Or maybe a watermelon cross? I don't think it would be a cantelope cross.

Strangest things you've ever seen! Anyone else come up with bizarre volunteers?

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley