homestead - [Homestead] Hand pump on well

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Hand pump on well
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:16:11 -0400

Hey all,
I finally went over to my friend's house to see his hand pump that he put on
his well.

http://www.waterwellhandpumps.com/

The pump works like is says it does. It's relatively simple, the pump is on
the bottom, so you are pushing the water up, not pulling. It's
weatherproof.

Optionally, you can set up a motor to a solar panel and you can connect it
in to your house water supply and use the hand pump to pressurize your
home's system.

I'm OK with food and heat if we lost power for a short time or long time.
There are some hand tools I need to get. Water is the most important thing
that I've not done anything on.

Does anyone have a hand pump on their well? This pump goes for about $1300
for a basic set up. You can do the work yourself, but that seems a high
price. I do want something that will last and not want to buy something
cheap that won't last or work well, though.

I'd appreciate any input you might have.

Rob - Va