homestead - Re: [Homestead] US Politics was Fwd: Re Censorship coming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] US Politics was Fwd: Re Censorship coming
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:05:34 -0400

What I do believe is that the US economy is probably a bit like the Titanic, I'm sure there's 400 Republicans and Democtrats shouting different directions to the wheelhouse and all the passangers are forgetting it doesn't turn on a dime. And I suspect that the steering wheel has been disconnected from the rudder years ago and the best course might have been to crash head first into the iceberg anyway.

Gil; that's got to be the best description of modern US politics I've read in a long time. Me, well, I couldn't afford to ride on the Titanic in the first place, so I'm just watching from shore, wondering what will happen next..

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA