homestead - Re: [Homestead] US Politics was Fwd: Re Censorship coming

  • From: Gil White <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] US Politics was Fwd: Re Censorship coming
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:25:46 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks.

I could honestly say I didn't have a clue about your politics even though I'm
old enough to remember Tricky Dick (and National Lampoon parodies) until I
spent a large part of last summer in a hotel bar in the St. Louis area - on
business of course. 3 nights a week I got to watch CNN's coverage of the
primary's.

I came away with the realization of just how political your entire process
is.

What's going on today just reminds me of something that was in our newspapers
about 15 years ago. At that time a group of people who live along the Ontario
/ upper New York State border were complaining that the provincial and
federal government should do something about the lack of job opportunities
for their kids. All the while most of them were crossing the border daily to
buy groceries, clothing and gasoline from US retailers.

Gil

On Jul 15, 2009, lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com wrote:
> What I do believe is that the US economy is probably a bit like the
> Titanic, I'm sure there's 400 Republicans and Democtrats shouting
> different directions to the wheelhouse and all the passangers are
> forgetting it doesn't turn on a dime. And I suspect that the steering
> wheel has been disconnected from the rudder years ago and the best course
> might have been to crash head first into the iceberg anyway.

Gil; that's got to be the best description of modern US politics I've read
in a long time. Me, well, I couldn't afford to ride on the Titanic in the
first place, so I'm just watching from shore, wondering what will happen
next..

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

  • Re: [Homestead] US Politics was Fwd: Re Censorship coming, Gil White, 07/15/2009