homestead - Re: [Homestead] book

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] book
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:46:48 -0400

OMG, we were separated at birth, I think.
EVERYONE thinks I am out of my mind trying to rescue plants that most folks would toss. I have the same mental illness.obsessive plant collectors/resuscitators..OPC..

I'm really trying to fathom why someone would force asparagus and strawberries and such. I suppose the more northerly clime plays a part somehow. I just eat my fill of asparagus in season. I could can it, I suppose, but I don't.
I've got strawberry runners everywhere. I'm going to go clip some for propagation elsewhere, I think. I won't force them, tho. If I clip off the runners and plant the new crowns in a large flat, how close do you think I could plant them(for transplant to permanent site later). I think I will try them every 4 inches or so for the time being.

I just finished a batch of blueberry jam- 11 half pints -and I have the worst headache. I think I will take a nap before I go out to weedeat.

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
ductivity.

I can't stand throwing anything out...I'm even finding places to plant the last, bottom-of-the-barrel, never thrived, pathetic-looking tomato plants from the many that I started. They will never amount to much, and I already have more tomatoes planted than I need, but I never throw anything away (that's a mental illness, isn't it?).

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA